Walt Disney Co. is proposing a $1 billion expansion at its Disneyland theme park in Anaheim that would include new attractions, parking and other infrastructure improvements.

All the Burbank media and entertainment company wants in return is an extension by the city to not collect an admission tax for 30 years. The current agreement between Disney and Anaheim with no admission tax expires in June 2016.

The Anaheim City Council is scheduled to take up the tax exemption at its July 7 meeting.

A notice posted on the city website explained that Disney was evaluating new attractions to drive attendance and longer stays at the Anaheim resort. An expansion would occur within the existing footprint of the resort.

“A potential investment could be valued at $1 billion,” the notice said. “If Disney decides to move forward, it would have until Dec. 31, 2024, to complete its investment under the proposed agreement.”

The Orange County Register reported Friday that Disney officials said it was not yet known if the expansion would cover Disneyland, Disney California Adventure or both parks.

The Register story speculated that attractions based on Disney properties “Star Wars” and Marvel characters and stories could be part of the expansion.

Disney Chief Executive Bob Iger told shareholders earlier this year the company plans to expand the Disneyland Resort and that Disney Imagineers are working on “Star Wars” attractions for theme parks, the Register story said.

Disney did a $1 billion expansion of California Adventure in 2012 that resulted in the hiring of 5,000 new employees. The Disneyland resort is the largest employer in Orange County.