Computer Sciences Corp. has sold off its applied technology division, which has locations in Palmdale and Edwards Air Force Base in the Antelope Valley.
The $175 million deal this month between Computer Science, also known as CSC, and Pacific Architects and Engineers Inc. is the sixth divestiture in seven months by CSC, based in Falls Church, Va. CSC had acquired the unit, which reported sales of $760 million in its last fiscal year, when it bought DynCorp in 2003.
The applied technology division employs 5,400 people and does contract work on aviation maintenance, base operations and maintenance, and management of test and training ranges. The location in Palmdale has about 67 employees and the Edwards location has about 78 employees, according to the California Employment Development Department.
Pacific Architects and Engineers Inc., of Arlington, Va., is a former subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corp. now owned by private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg LLC. The company provides contract support services to U.S. Government agencies, international organizations and foreign governments.
CSC was founded in 1959 in Los Angeles and in 2008 moved its headquarters from El Segundo to Virginia. It retains L.A. regional offices in El Segundo.