The Motion Picture & Television Fund has identified a potential new partner to keep its Woodland Hills nursing home and acute care hospital open following the collapse of a deal wit Providence Health and Services.

MPTF CEO Bob Beitcher said the fund will be ready to announce a deal with a national healthcare provider that has a local presence before the end of the month.

The board decided earlier this year to open its 200-bed hospital to non-entertainment industry patients for the first time — a move that may have helped secure a national partner for MPTF.

“We have a lot of beds and since it was for industry members only, it was a little too small a footprint,” Beitcher said. “We have changed the conditional use permit on the hospital, which will now be open to the community.”

Beitcher confirmed a report in The Los Angeles Times yesterday that a new third party provider will take over the facility following the collapse of the deal with Providence. The Renton, Wash-based company had agreed to take over the troubled facility that had been in danger of closing. Deadline Hollywood reported Thursday that the company backed out of the deal.

Fund officials have said they are committed to keeping the facility open and expanding its services.

According to the Times, the new provider would assume financial responsibility for the home and the adjoining hospital under a separate license. The company would contribute$15 million to remodel part of the nursing home and the fund would commit another $10 million that would be defrayed through private donations, the Times said. Under the deal, the provider would lease the hospital. The fund is hoping that the lease payments, combined with greater efficiencies, cost cutting, and private donations will be enough to keep the facilities open, the Times said.

Beitcher could not confirm those details, citing ongoing talks.

Judy Temes